[ RadSafe ] Feild instruments for low activity gamma in soil

Joseph Shonka jjshonka at shonka.com
Tue Jul 8 13:02:54 CDT 2014

Dear Andy:

I was responsible for the instrumentation used for cleanup of the Kaiser
Aluminum SDMP site in Tulsa, OK.  The NRC was the authority, however, EPA
and the State concurred.  We used NaI operated as spectrometers.  The
detector size was chosen based on the scanning speed.

Joe Shonka
--
Joseph J. Shonka, Ph.D.
Shonka Research Associates, Inc.