[ RadSafe ] Is this the beginning of the end of the debate on low-dose radiation effects?

Otto G. Raabe ograabe at ucdavis.edu
Tue Jul 8 14:39:38 CDT 2014

Dear Mohan,

The contrast is between a single instantaneous
radiation exposure and protracted exposure over time.

A vet small instantaneous exposure will have a meaninglessly
small promotion effect on an ongoing cancer advancement.

In sharp contrast, a protracted exposure at low dose rates
can interfere with ongoing cancer processes.

See my Figure 16 in Health Phys. 98:515-536; 2010
where I show a statistically significant reduction i(zero cases)
in bone cancer from Sr+Y-90 protracted radiation exposures
for cumulative doses smaller than 10 Sv.

If you don't have this paper, l will send you a copy.

Otto

Prof. Otto G. Raabe, Ph.D., CHP
Center for Health & the Environment
University of California
One Shields Avenue
Davis, CA 95616
E-Mail: ograabe at ucdavis.edu
Phone: (530) 752-7754   FAX: (530) 758-6140