[ RadSafe ] Tell EPA to make radiation standards more protective?

JPreisig at aol.com JPreisig at aol.com
Thu Jul 31 21:12:32 CDT 2014

maury/dog,

     time to get more health physicists hired by the  epa!!!!

     joe preisig

In a message dated 7/31/2014 6:22:27 P.M. Eastern Daylight Time,
maurysis at peoplepc.com writes:

I just  wonder if folks on Radsafe are aware of this pending EPA increase
in  radiation restriction/regulation?  Is this really what is needed ...
more regulation?
Best,
Maury&Dog  (MaurySiskel  maurysis at peoplepc.com)

web  banner
6930 Carroll Avenue, #340, Takoma Park, MD 20912; 301-270-6477;
nirsnet at nirs.org <mailto:nirsnet at nirs.org>; www.nirs.org
<http://org2.salsalabs.com/dia/track.jsp?v=2&c=fqj2RffncrVV13dB1UPTbsD35oblb
R9M>

*Tell  EPA to make radiation standards more protective
*

*Send additional  comments to EPA now: deadline is Sunday, August 3*

July 31,  2014

Dear Friends,

The Environmental Protection Agency's  Radiation Standards for the
Nuclear Power Fuel Chain are so important that  NIRS invites you to make
a supplementary comment before the August 3  comment deadline. You can
edit the comment we provide; as written it  supports a longer document
submitted by NIRS and many allied  organizations. Offering the same
points from many individuals underscores  the importance of these points:

Nuclear power operations that release  radioactivity have been given an
enormous "free pass" to expose  communities (and the biosphere) to levels
of radiation that are too high.  When converted to RISK of cancer, the
current regulation allows harm 2000  times higher than the EPA's stated
goal of allowing only 1 cancer in a  million from licensed activities.
Even using EPA's more lax allowable risk  level of 1 in 10,000 current
EPA radiation regulations allow 20 times  higher than that.

*Send your comments to the EPA here
<http://org2.salsalabs.com/dia/track.jsp?v=2&c=Xi71LOF%2FA6kAVMboU9bZ0sG80Lr
kfwwt>*.

If  you missed the first comment action you can still submit that
too--there  is no limit to the number of comments an individual can make.
That action  can be found here
<http://org2.salsalabs.com/dia/track.jsp?v=2&c=P2CWoj7Pyny8LFp7l4s2AcD35oblb
R9M>.

For  those who would like to delve deeper into this issue, you can find
the  EPA's "Advanced Notice for Proposed Rulemaking as published in the
Federal  Register here
<http://org2.salsalabs.com/dia/track.jsp?v=2&c=dL1xuS%2B%2B7FDtxVEpTF%2BX08D
35oblbR9M>.
And you can find numerous other documents and discussion of the issue
here
<http://org2.salsalabs.com/dia/track.jsp?v=2&c=C7zS3iZs8vHr15MoC4ZgIcD35oblb
R9M>.

Again,  the comment deadline is Sunday August 3, 2014. *Please send your
comment  before then*
<http://org2.salsalabs.com/dia/track.jsp?v=2&c=XQ1m1DfT3Lnd%2Fnc0%2FK5YvsD35
oblbR9M>.

THANK  YOU for standing up for government regulations that protect people
better  (if not perfectly) rather than regulations that protect the
polluters.

*And thank you to everyone who donated to NIRS this  week*. We are very
grateful for your support. If you haven't contributed  to NIRS yet this
summer, please make a donation of any size here
<http://org2.salsalabs.com/dia/track.jsp?v=2&c=irEsf2mjclBPEo7r38SzxcD35oblb
R9M>,
or send a check to NIRS, 6930 Carroll Avenue #340, Takoma Park, MD
20912. *And, by popular demand, we now can accept donations through
PayPal!* If you'd like to use Paypal to donate to NIRS, you can do so
here
<http://org2.salsalabs.com/dia/track.jsp?v=2&c=3rma6%2F4un%2BsLoWKvoFRsy8D35
oblbR9M>.
However you donate, please accept our sincere gratitude.

Michael  Mariotte
President
Nuclear Information and Resource  Service
www.nirs.org
<http://org2.salsalabs.com/dia/track.jsp?v=2&c=Ys6GhtxDJtCP9TVMT0fP3MD35oblb
R9M>
nirsnet at nirs.org  <mailto:nirsnet at nirs.org>