[ RadSafe ] Global Warming

Brian Riely brian.riely at gmail.com
Thu May 29 14:25:12 CDT 2014

According to NASA

*In late September 2013, the ice surrounding Antarctica reached its annual
winter maximum and set a new record. Sea ice extended over 19.47 million
square kilometers (7.51 million square miles) of the Southern Ocean. The
previous record <http://earthobservatory.nasa.gov/IOTD/view.php?id=79369>
of 19.44 million square kilometers was set in September 2012.*

http://earthobservatory.nasa.gov/IOTD/view.php?id=82160

So the previous record was set in September 2012, the current record was
set in September 2013, and It would not be surprised if a new record is set
in September 2014 since according to Der Spiegel

*Never before has there been so much ice at this time of year since
measurements began.*

This time in the article refers to April 2014.

I assume that you find NASA data credible.

I would encourage you to be at least as skeptical of the sources that
support your preferred position as you are those that refute it