[ RadSafe ] Global Warming

Brian Riely brian.riely at gmail.com
Thu May 29 18:30:42 CDT 2014

Mike, you wrote

Does that mean it is OK to burn as much coal as the people selling coal
want burned, or that improving our electrical grid so it is more efficient
are bad things?

WHAT??????????

brief summary:

I wrote, “Of course I agree with almost everything you wrote.  However, if
you want an earth that looks greener, you probably should increase CO2.”

To which Theo Richel was kind enough to give you the references to support
my claim.

Then you go on a tangent speaking about climate change and flooding.  By
flooding I thought you meant the melting of the North pole or  both poles,
which I hear all the time.  I have read many times and heard politicians
say that the melting of the North pole will flood the US coast line and New
York city will be under x number of feet of water by year 20xx.  My
response to that assumption was that the North Pole is floating ice and the
ice in South Pole is increasing.

To which you replied that the ice in the South Pole is decreasing and wrote
that I should, “be at least as skeptical of the sources that support your
preferred position as you are those that refute it.”

I wasted too much time on this.  Thank you Theo for doing the research that
I had no intention of providing.