[ RadSafe ] rad monitor calibration

JOHN.RICH at sargentlundy.com JOHN.RICH at sargentlundy.com
Fri May 30 13:29:41 CDT 2014

Can somebody point me to a good (readable) description of the rad monitor
calibration process.
What, I need is something that provides a description of how the process
proceeds, as in:

primary calibration => secondary calibration=> tertiary/transfer
calibration

Basically our group performs radiation (source) transport,  sensitivity
and setpoint calculations, but we're just now being asked to answer
questions related to calibration.  I expect that they can/should be
referred back to the vendor, but still, we should have a reasonable
understanding of what's being asked. (We've got a fair amount of "water
cooler" information, but nothing truly complete.)
Thx in advance  - - jmr

John Rich
Sargent & Lundy llc
312-269-3768