[ RadSafe ] Build-up factor tables

Olsson Mattias :MSO mso at forsmark.vattenfall.se
Wed Nov 12 05:46:49 CST 2014

Hi all,

Sometimes I dabble in simple radiation shielding calculations, where I use Microshield. I like to check if my models give me a reasonable result, and to do that I feel a need for tables with dose build-up factors. To only use attenuation factors is not good enough at all.

I want to ask if you are aware of any freely accessible good compilations of tables! For different energies, materials and so on. I have looked around a bit but only find ANSI/ANS factors in publications that are for sale.

All the best,
Mattias Olsson, Sweden