[ RadSafe ] Harmony of IATA and DOT Rules and Regs

Chris Alston achris1999 at gmail.com
Thu Nov 13 13:18:57 CST 2014

Folks

My understanding is that the regulatory Agents intend the DOT's Final
Rule (Fed. Reg. Vol 79 No. 133 p 40590; July 11, 2014) to bring their
rules into better agreement with IATA's.  Does anyone (paging Sean or
Roy) know how good the agreement will be?  Specifically, will we be
able to dispense with a copy of IATA's rules, and consult only the
DOT's instructions, or will we still have to keep up with somewhat
different rules for transport by air?

TIA.
cja