[ RadSafe ] Harmony of IATA and DOT Rules and Regs

Doug Aitken JAitken at slb.com
Thu Nov 13 13:26:43 CST 2014

Chris: my first reaction is no. As this is the "international" RP list, you must consider what goes on outside the US. And in the specific instance of air shipping, IATA brings together many "country exceptions" that have to be considered when presenting goods for shipment outside the US.
But remember that IATA is just the air transport companies compilation of regulations (from the ICAO and country regulators) to aloe you to put your goods on their aircraft.
Of course, if you are only concerned with transport within the borders of the US, DOT is what you must follow!
Regards
Doug

Doug Aitken
Cell phone: 713-562-8585