[ RadSafe ] Harmony of IATA and DOT Rules and Regs

Dan McCarn hotgreenchile at gmail.com
Thu Nov 13 13:39:25 CST 2014

Chris:

Last time I checked, the IAEA also had rules. The procedure is for staff to
present a draft to Safety Standards Committees. The edited version is sent
to Member States for review, and after inclusion of comments is reviewed /
approved by the Commission on Safety Standards (CSS) whose comments are
included prior to publication.

CSS: http://www-ns.iaea.org/downloads/standards/css-tor.pdf

(2005) http://www-pub.iaea.org/mtcd/publications/pdf/pub1225_web.pdf
(2012) http://www-pub.iaea.org/MTCD/publications/PDF/Pub1570_web.pdf

When I last used these, IATA and IAEA rules were identical, at least as far
as what I needed, and these were consistent with DOT.

But Doug has far more experience than me!

Best,

Dan ii

Dan W McCarn, Geologist
108 Sherwood Blvd