[ RadSafe ] Harmony of IATA and DOT Rules and Regs

Owen Bugg cfrbug at gmail.com
Thu Nov 13 18:19:37 CST 2014

Short answer is probably "no." First of all, IATA is the "Industry" book and
ICAO is the regulation recognized by DOT. IATA happens to incorporate both
ICAO as well as "State" (read "Country") variations as well as carrier
differences, so the IATA book is probably the "better" choice when offering
any hazmat by air. The carriers each can set their own limits on hazmat that
are more stringent than the regulations. Highway carriers can do that as
well, but they don't have an industry book that compiles the info into one
source.

Bruce Bugg
cfrbug at gmail.com