[ RadSafe ] A Nuclear Future???

JPreisig at aol.com JPreisig at aol.com
Wed Nov 26 13:33:15 CST 2014

Radsafe,

     Hey All...

     So, in 50 years, perhaps oil, gasoline, coal,  natural gas etc.
supplies will start to diminish.  What will  happen???  The remaining energy
sources will be methane, fission,  fusion???, solar, wind etc.
Will we be growing corn to provide ethanol as a fuel for airplanes,
ocean-liners, ocean freighters etc.???  Will corn for fuel compete with  growing
corn to be a food source???

     Clearly, we can start to use electric cars, which  may be powered by
electricity from nuclear reactors.  Similarly trains can  be powered via
electricity.  Will there be nuclear powered airplanes,  ocean-liners, ocean
freighters etc.???

     Sure, we will probably continue to discover more  oil, natural gas,
coal etc. for quite some time.

     Electric cars use a fair number of batteries per  car.  These
batteries will eventually need to be recycled.  Funny,  Warren Buffet bought
Duracell (a battery company) a while back.  Guess he  sees the future.

     I expect 50 years from now, nuclear fission will  be quite a major
player in energy production.

     Regards,   Joe Preisig