[ RadSafe ] Regulatory guidance re: piece of the Chicago Pile

JPreisig at aol.com JPreisig at aol.com
Wed Oct 29 00:42:01 CDT 2014

Radsafe,

    What a nice item to have.  The Roentgen rate  doesn't seem that high.
At worst, keep it in a shielded container.   You've called the relevant
regulator (state government) and they might even get  back to you.  The worst
they could do is take it away from you???   There are probably already state
regulators reading about this on Radsafe.   Some state workers I know from my
home state are lurkers on Radsafe --- they  don't post much.

    It's not like it is cobalt from an irradiation source  that fell off
the back of a truck, and kids are playing with it in the  street.  Just my
opinion, mostly.

    Joe Preisig

In a message dated 10/29/2014 12:57:00 A.M. Eastern Daylight Time,