[ RadSafe ] Nuclear-News/Global Research Claim - Until at least 2026 radi...

Brad Keck bradkeck at mac.com
Sun Sep 14 17:22:00 CDT 2014

All,

The most recent data I have seen indicated that 134Cs has not been measurable anywhere in the pacific since 2012....

"Kelp Watch," however, is actively collecting samples all along the Alaskan, Canadian and US Pacific coasts - so if any cesium re-concentrates in the Pacific and becomes measurable, they'll certainly catch it :}

Nowhere does the article mention that for 137Cs, there is a normal component of a few Bq/m3 (weapons fallout), and the Fukushima contribution to that inventory is not enough to move the needle on the background level. As per usual, while the study authors indicate some of the massive uncertainties of their "mode,l" these do not get picked up by ENE news and passed along...

There are already people claiming wildlife disasters on the west coast as a result of this "plume" :}    Undoubtedly, some of the alternative science crowd will find that there are dead sea lions in San Francisco as a result :}

Brad