[ RadSafe ] Fwd: [New post] Florida report showed highest level of Fukushima radioactive material

Mattias Lantz Mattias.Lantz at physics.uu.se
Sat Sep 27 07:07:51 CDT 2014

How convenient to modify the text in the article abstract from

" While these levels are not health concerns, they were well above the
detection capability of the radionuclide monitoring systems within the
International Monitoring System of the Comprehensive Nuclear-Test-Ban
Treaty."

" ... [These levels] were well above the detection capability of the
radionuclide monitoring systems within the International Monitoring
System [IMS] of the Comprehensive Nuclear-Test-Ban Treaty [CTBTO]..."

By the way, the article is almost two years old, from December 2012. And
the reported values are well within the range of data reported
elsewhere, for instance the peak value of I-131 in Stockholm was 2
mBq/m^3 on January 31, 2011. They must be bored at ENENews, trying to
cook the same soup twice...

Best wishes,
Mattias Lantz

--