[ RadSafe ] Drought relief???

Thu Apr 16 12:18:01 CDT 2015

I actually heard someone promoting the idea of modular reactors by saying they would be a good way of providing power for desal plants.  I am in favor of modular reactors, but I think there are other options that deserve exploring, first.

-----Original Message-----
From: radsafe-bounces at health.phys.iit.edu [mailto:radsafe-bounces at health.phys.iit.edu] On Behalf Of Baumbaugh, Joel T CIV SPAWARSYSCEN-PACIFIC, 55360
Sent: Thursday, April 16, 2015 9:41 AM
To: The International Radiation Protection (Health Physics) Mailing List
Subject: Re: [ RadSafe ] Drought relief???

Lack of water issues are WAY off subject for RADSAFE, but I agree with Mike.  San Diego discharges (and thereby loses) 240 million gallons of treated water into the ocean per DAY .   BTW, we used to have a Desalination plant here in San Diego - which utilized a large Co-60 source to monitor discharge flow-volume, but it was shipped to Cuba ...  Happy reading:
http://12.33.72.15/pdfs/technical/DESAL2-293031scr.pdf

Joel Baumbaugh
Sunny San Diego