[ RadSafe ] Fw: Subject: Re: For Critics of the Iran Nuclear Deal

John Ahlquist john.ahlquist at sbcglobal.net
Sun Aug 16 02:05:51 CDT 2015

Below is the response I sent to John.
In addition to that note I received a comment from Dr. Feste today [8/15/15] that says.

"Oneof the Iran Contra shipments through Israel arrived with Hebrew writing on theTOWs that Iran noticed on inspection.  They shipped the merchandise backto Israel, which Israel fixed and resent to Iran -- real cooperation allaround.  Whenever anyone asks about Israel-Iran relations, I have noted thehigh level of clandestine cooperation that existed between parties in the 1980s."  =============================

Hi John,

I just came across some interesting history that you might enjoy learning about.  It is from a book by Dr. Karen Feste at the University of Denver and founder of the Institute for Conflict Resolution.  She has studied all types of conflicts and how they played out.  This part is interesting because it is about the Iranian hostage situation that began in 1979 during the Carter years and was finally resolved in the Reagan years.  The Army War College has a fellows program that sends promising student to study at the Institute.  She established the program in collaboration with her former student GEN George Casey. Condi Rice is another of her former students.

 In the clip below, the Islamic Republic [Death to America] crowd is in place.  Reagan is in the White House.  Our surrogate for shipping arms to Iran is Israel and the shipments go on until 1987.  It's interesting to see how the pendulum has swung and the rhetoric surrounding it.  If the folks in power survived the Iran-Iraq war, then perhaps the US and Israel helped them do so.
Regards,
John

    "Terminate Terrorism: Framing, Gaming, andNegotiating Conflicts" [2010].  In Table B-1 in February 1981 just after the new Reaganadministration took office the following began: "Iran begins major purchases of military equipment fromIsrael who agree to supply Iran with $200M of military equipment...Israeliambassador to the U.S., Moshe Arens states Israel coordinated its arms to Iranat the the highest levels in the U.S. government.  In 1983, Iran seeks TOWmissiles to stop waves of Iraqi-operated Soviet tanks crossing the border intoIran [12,000 were delivered up to 1987,,,]" There's a lot more interesting stuff about liftingsanctions, etc.