[ RadSafe ] Fwd: Can any one send me that US policy on using x-ray

Chris Alston achris1999 at gmail.com
Wed Aug 19 11:13:35 CDT 2015

Well, for instance, at the hospital at which I worked many years ago, which
was effectively the clinical arm of the world's leading center of R&D for
high-dose chemo tx (frequently just called "bone marrow transplants (BMT's)
or stem cell transplants (SCT's)), because kids who get high-dose chemo
usually are small for their ages, it's hard to tell how "old" they are,
relative to their absolute chronological age.  So, we used to do
"bone-aging" studies, of, at least, their hands and wrists.  My Total
Recall is poor, but I *think* the joints become "knitted", or something,
when a child reaches his or her final, adult, size.

Cheers
cja