[ RadSafe ] Fwd: Can any one send me that US policy on using x-ray

Neil, David M neildm at id.doe.gov
Mon Aug 24 10:59:37 CDT 2015

Correct in essence.  At various ages, the non-motile "joints" between certain bones fuse. Mostly this is in very young children. Later in development, the "growth plates" involved in elongation of the long bones fuse at full growth. They are near the joints but not an actual part of the articulation. Physiological stress can affect when they fuse; I have leg problems because an orthopedist guessed wrong when I broke my femur at 17 and a half. Long story; I won't burden you with details.