[ RadSafe ] LNT Dogma? Calabrese mis-reported?

Robert Cihak rjcihak at gmail.com
Mon Aug 24 18:22:03 CDT 2015

I googled "I am familiar with the Rocky Flats Nuclear Power Plant problem of questionable risk assessment and health warnings" and did not get any results. What's the source for this quote?

I did find the article "On the origins of the linear no-threshold (LNT) dogma by means of untruths, artful dodges and blind faith" at http://www.sciencedirect.com/science/article/pii/S0013935115300311 but can't afford the $41.95 to buy it.

In the second paragraph of the forwarded message below, I read "I can show you where to find a new medical publication re: the history of the flawed radiation risk assessment models...." which THEN refers to the Calabrese article. At the bottom of the forwarded message, I read "from a reporter - name withheld".

This makes me suspect the Prof. Calabrese is NOT the person who authored the "Rocky Flats Nuclear Power Plant" error. Even reporters who do not withhold their names often make mistakes.

I have found Dr. Calabrese's other articles very helpful. His presentations at the Doctors for Disaster Preparedness (DDP) meeting in Ontario CA on August 1 this year were illuminating. He provided more details about the Muller scandal. He'd written about this in 2013 - cf. https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=web&cd=1&cad=rja&uact=8&ved=0CCQQFjAAahUKEwinxrCh68LHAhWDL4gKHR0wC4M&url=http%3A%2F%2Flink.springer.com%2Farticle%2F10.1007%252Fs00204-013-1105-6&ei=EKTbVaf-G4PfoASd4KyYCA&usg=AFQjCNGp3nARrNPqRgwOegwAvELC5VkJXw&sig2=E9BKNMAjT6NYdpbQZqSPAw I somehow received a .PDF of this article plus two follow-up letters in the same journal which I could forward to interested people individually as I don't think this list supports attachments.

I'm forwarding this to Dr. Calabrese and hope that he can clarify the origin of the forwarded message.

Bob Cihak, M.D.
Seattle area, WA