[ RadSafe ] Year of manufacture of radiographic exposure devices

Maury maurysis at peoplepc.com
Tue Jan 6 21:17:05 CST 2015

Hi Miguel,

Please click on this link for the most extensive document I could find
on the Iriditron 520, but think it does not answer your production
question.  A search on "Iriditron 520" does produce many search hits or

http://pbadupws.nrc.gov/docs/ML0423/ML042330198.pdf

Hope something here might be helpful to you,
Maury&Dog  [MaurySiskel maurysis at peoplepc.com]

.August 20, 2004
ALL AGREEMENT STATES, MINNESOTA, PENNSYLVANIA
REQUEST FOR SEALED SOURCE & DEVICE APPROVAL FROM FOREIGN (MEXICAN)
RADIOGRAPHY COMPANIES - (STP-04-061)
The United States Nuclear Regulatory Commission (NRC), as well as
several Agreement
States, was contacted by Mr. Carlos Martinez of Naumex, S.A. de C.V.,
representing four
industrial radiography companies in Mexico. The purpose of these
contacts was to request
NRC or Agreement State "Approval or Certification" of a refurbished
exposure device (Model
Iriditron 520).
Enclosed for your information is an email to Mr. Martinez providing our
response. He was
informed that consistent with our guidance, neither the NRC nor the
Agreement States issue
registration certificates to companies located outside the United
States. Mr. Martinez was
advised to contact the Mexican regulatory authority, directly and
request that they contact the
NRC should they desire NRC advice or technical assistance.
We appreciate the prompt notice provided to us by several Agreement
States. If you have any
questions on this correspondence, please contact me or the individual
named below.
POINT OF CONTACT: Lloyd Bolling INTERNET: LAB at NRC.GOV
TELEPHONE: (301) 415-2327 FAX: (301) 415-3502
/RA By Dennis M. Sollenberger Acting for/
Paul H. Lohaus, Director
Office of State and Tribal Programs
Enclosure:
As stated
STP-04-061 August 20, 2004
BUsilton PDR (YES)
JJankovich, NMSS
KHenderson, OIP
DOCUMENT NAME: G:\LAB\Rad-Mex\520.wpd *See previous concurrence.
To receive a copy of this document, indicate in the box: "C" = Copy
without attachment/enclosure "E" = Copy with attachment/enclosure "N" =
No copy
OFFICE STP STP:DD STP:D
NAME LABolling:gd JMPiccone
(DMSollenberger for)