[ RadSafe ] Fwd: Looking for vendor for "hard xray" spectormeter calibration source.

Chris Alston achris1999 at gmail.com
Mon Jun 29 18:59:31 CDT 2015

Xray Ted

Maybe when he says "hard", he means as nearly mono-energetic as possible.
Like, with a *copper* anode, you get the k-alpha and -beta x-rays, at ~ 8
and 9 keV.  Contrast that with the messy bunch of x-rays and a gamma, we
see from I-125 between ~ 25 - 35 keV.  If you give me a few days, I can
look up the similar, but uniquely different emissions from indium.  Am-241
does have a very useful mono-energetic gamma photon at 60 keV (~35%
intensity), but it seems as though that would be too high an E for what we
can divine of his uses.  Why not call a company like Rigaku (they're big in
x-ray diffraction), and ask them how they calibrate their detectors?

Cheers
cja