[ RadSafe ] Adolf Garcia

Neil, David M neildm at id.doe.gov
Wed Mar 11 12:21:09 CDT 2015

It is with great sorrow, I pass on the sad news that due to circumstances not directly related to his recent surgery, Adolf Garcia passed away in the hospital Monday. This is obviously upsetting to all of us that knew him. Adolf was a great friend and co-worker, and will be remembered for his enthusiasm for all aspects of his life including his passion for his work, his big heart and the kind way he treated all those around him. Adolf worked for DOE-ID for the past 20 years, and at ANL-West (now MFC) prior to coming to DOE-ID. He will be greatly missed! Please keep his extended family in your thoughts and prayers during this difficult time.
While Adolf was active in criticality safety rather than radiation protection, I am sure his name will be familiar to many here.
Dave Neil
DOE-ID Lessons Learned Coordinator
Those who cannot learn from history are doomed to repeat it.  - George Santayana