[ RadSafe ] [EXTERNAL] See photos of The Radioactive Man Who Returned To Fukushima To Feed The Animals

Vernig, Peter G. Peter.Vernig at va.gov
Fri Mar 20 08:42:37 CDT 2015

Thanks

Peter G. Vernig
Radiation Safety Officer
VA Medical Center, Denver, CO
(303) 399-8020 ext. 2447
Fax (303) 393-5026

-----Original Message-----
From: radsafe-bounces at health.phys.iit.edu
[mailto:radsafe-bounces at health.phys.iit.edu] On Behalf Of Roger Helbig
Sent: Friday, March 20, 2015 4:10 AM
To: RADSAFE
Subject: [EXTERNAL] [ RadSafe ] See photos of The Radioactive Man Who
Returned To Fukushima To Feed The Animals

I doubt that this man is indeed "radioactive" - see BoredPanda (a
website in Vilnius) article at
http://www.boredpanda.com/fukushima-radioactive-disaster-abandoned-anima
l-guardian-naoto-matsumura/
- I tried to ask if a whole body count had ever been made, but I did not
succeed, possibly because my DSL connection died.

Roger Helbig

See photos of The Radioactive Man Who Returned To Fukushima To Feed The
Animals

by Christina MacPherson

Photos The Radioactive Man Who Returned To Fukushima To Feed The Animals
That Everyone Else Left Behind Bored Panda 20 Mar 15 The untold human
suffering and property damage left in the wake of the Fukushima disaster
in Japan has been well-documented, but there's another population that
suffered greatly that few have discussed - the animals left behind in
the radioactive exclusion zone. One man, however, hasn't forgotten -
55-year-old Naoto Matsumura, a former construction worker who lives in
the zone to care for its four-legged survivors.

He is known as the 'guardian of Fukushima's animals' because of the work
he does to feed the animals left behind by people in their rush to
evacuate the government's 12.5-mile exclusion zone. He is aware of the
radiation he is subject to on a daily basis, but says that he "refuses
to worry about it." He does take steps, however, by only eating food
imported into the zone.

See more about his work and what he has seen in the exclusion zone
below!.......http://www.boredpanda.com/fukushima-radioactive-disaster-ab
andoned-animal-guardian-naoto-matsumura/

Christina MacPherson | March 20, 2015 at 3:27 am | Categories:
Resources -audiovicual | URL: http://wp.me/phgse-j59

http://nuclear-news.net/2015/03/20/see-photos-of-the-radioactive-man-who
-returned-to-fukushima-to-feed-the-animals/