[ RadSafe ] Company Looking for Some Ion Exchange Expertise

csimmons at csimmonslaw.com csimmons at csimmonslaw.com
Mon Mar 30 12:06:06 CDT 2015

Regarding Radium removal from water, you may wish to investigate WRT
(http://www.wrtnet.com/water-treatment/radium-removal), a company that has a lot
of experience in removing radionuclides from drinking water.

As mentioned, waste disposal is always an issue - and the economic decision is
whether it is more efficient to dispose of low-volume, higher activity Ra resins
as LLRW or high-volume, lower activity "TENORM."  In the drinking water context,
it was determined that once the resins reach a certain Ra saturation, it is most
efficient to dispose of as LLRW.

And, the radium removal unit is operated under a state-issued radioactive
materials license since most Ra sources come (e.g., not 11e3 byproduct) under
state jurisdiction.

Regards,

Charlie Simmons