[ RadSafe ] Fwd: Thorium Lamp Mantles

Chris Alston achris1999 at gmail.com
Fri May 29 17:10:59 CDT 2015

Ted

You don't want to re-purpose the source in a smoke detector, anyway.  That
would void the general license under which some entities manufactured and
distributed, and you possessed it.  Also, I would bear in mind that folks
at the NRC belong to this list, too.  So this forum is more akin to a town
meeting, than it is to a cozy chat over a beer (or two), with some
colleagues at a professional meeting.

Best
cja

P.S. Last I recall, the mantles that were "Made in India", by repute, were
thoriated.