[ RadSafe ] Thorium Lamp Mantles

csimmons at csimmonslaw.com csimmons at csimmonslaw.com
Fri May 29 16:43:24 CDT 2015

Ted -

Most US lantern mantels today use cerium in lieu of Th (probably on advice of
their lawyers).  You can still find the Th mantles for sale on eBay, at 3 - 5
times original cost.  As an alternative check source, still commercially
available at the moment, you may consider a thoriated tungsten welding
electrode, available at welding shops or also on eBay.  Good luck.

Regards,

Charlie Simmons