[ RadSafe ] Questions Re: McGuire Nuclear Station

Sandy Perle sandyfl at cox.net
Sun Oct 4 20:00:06 CDT 2015

Hello Ted,

I know many individuals who work at McGuire and have been there myself. I expect that the local population was “notified” through print media, or perhaps a newscast, and those medium never have anything good to say about nuclear plants in their area. However, your answers were quite good and I expect accurate as well. I also expect that the Utility Corporate Communications Department, or even plant management have or will respond. I would not expect that the kinds of questions that you posed below would be covered on a plant website nor would I expect individuals within the plant to address any issues that have been posed unless it is in an official capacity.

The key comment you offered, is that the plant would simply shutdown if the station were ever in a situation that did not meet operating or other specs and requirements. McGuire is not the only facility in this position, low water cooling sources. However, the recent rain should help significantly and I know individuals who live im the various lakes in the area and the lake levels have risen significantly.

I would recommend that Powernet would be a better list to pose your questions since that is the site where all plants have representation in the membership.

Regards,

Sandy
Retired and Consultant