[ RadSafe ] Medical treatments for ratiation exposure

Tue Sep 8 17:04:38 CDT 2015

Here is an interesting article about using a hyperbaric chamber and 100% oxygen to heal radiation damage incurred as part of radiation treatment for cancer.

http://atlantic.ctvnews.ca/hyperbaric-chamber-helps-heal-patients-with-radiation-damage-1.2545230

-----Original Message-----
From: radsafe-bounces at health.phys.iit.edu [mailto:radsafe-bounces at health.phys.iit.edu] On Behalf Of Mark Bower
Sent: Tuesday, September 08, 2015 2:52 PM
To: radsafe at health.phys.iit.edu; The International Radiation Protection (Health Physics) Mailing List
Subject: Re: [ RadSafe ] Medical treatments for ratiation exposure

Jeff,

The Joint Commission has a sentinel event criteria for peak skin dose of 1500 rad to a single field, obviously there would be erythema before that but if you are looking for data on patient injury the Joint Commission might be a good place to start. I have no idea if they allow access to that information or not.

Mark Bower, PhD, CHP
Health Physicist
Western Regional Medical Command

Sent from my BlackBerry 10 smartphone.