[ RadSafe ] Fwd: Study Links Residential Radon Exposure to Hematologic Cancers in Women

Chris Alston achris1999 at gmail.com
Sat Apr 30 17:35:34 CDT 2016

Brad et al.

That was my first thought.  Without estimates of the actual amounts of
radon, there's no way to correlate cases with doses.  Even in regions
notorious for high residential radon, one house may have levels at the
national norm, while the one next door has enough that its
inhabitants' garments can set off portal monitors.  In fact, the
authors carefully note that they've found an *association*.

I suspect that such papers are symptomatic of the publish-or-perish
syndrome.  And, as you say, they call very appropriately for further
study.  That research would be quite time-consuming, I should think.

Cheers
ca