[ RadSafe ] Worldwide Thyroid-Cancer Epidemic? The Increasing Impact of Overdiagnosis

Dan McCarn hotgreenchile at gmail.com
Mon Aug 22 16:28:16 CDT 2016

Just a few recollections:

Check the IAEA 10th year Chernobyl meetings in 1998 and the Minsk meetings
in 1996. Discussions following presentations focused on overdiagnosis of
thyroid cancer in Belarus, Ukraine & Russia.The diagnostic criteria did not
include biopsy of nodules, etc. and surgical intervention followed. British
& other clinicians stressed observation over time rather than "instant"
diagnosis without biopsy & western diagnostic criteria.

Just my recollections from 20 years ago...

Dan ii

Dan W McCarn, Geologist
108 Sherwood Blvd
Los Alamos, NM 87544-3425