[ RadSafe ] Worldwide Thyroid-Cancer Epidemic? The Increasing Impact of Overdiagnosis

Franz Schönhofer franz.schoenhofer at chello.at
Mon Aug 22 11:04:31 CDT 2016

Mick,

After having read the abstract I remember very well the situation in Europe
after the Chenobyl accident: Several scientists attributed the large number
of thyroid cancers especially in children to overdiagnosing. I have not
followed
this topic any further, but remember the hysteria very well: Every headache
or digestive problem was attributed by common people to Chernobyl. I do not
want to downplay the accident, but on the other hand it lead to detection
of small cancers which were easily cured and by detecting them in the early
stage there might have been even a net health benefit.....

Best regards,

Franz