[ RadSafe ] RadSafe Digest, Vol 2010, Issue 1

Franz Schönhofer franz.schoenhofer at chello.at
Tue Feb 2 16:08:55 CST 2016

Mike,

Sorry, we have done it in my laboratory and our Austrian affilated
laboratories for years: You make a simple logical error. Since not only the
counting error but also the LLD becomes lower when one increases the sample
size this is easily achieved using a high volume air sampler! Everbody
measuring environmental air radioactivity is doing it.

BTW it is good that environmental levels cannot be measured by simple
Geigercounters or similar equipment. Everybody knowing the antis reasoning?
"It can be measured, therefore it is dangerous." I have never supported the
race for lower and lower LLDs.

Best regards,

Franz