[ RadSafe ] Fwd: NY State Inhalation Doses due to Fukushima

Brad Keck bradkeck at mac.com
Thu Feb 4 13:07:13 CST 2016

All,

I did find the paper in "Journal of Radioanalytical and Nuclear Chemistry” by Kitto, et. al.

As I read it, the levels of 131I seem quite comparable to data from the same authors in 2005 and 2002,  so I don’t really see a Fukushima connection, seems more like a continuation of medical procedures/waste, as attributed in earlier years….

The units reported in the paper are indeed millibecquerels per cubic meter (which seems to be the most commonly used unit).  These have been recalculated in microbecquerels per cubic meter, presumably to get a higher ordinal number.

There aren’t many EPA radnet number reported for this isotope, but ones reported seem to be generally much lower, which would argue for a local, rather than a global source, yes?

Brad