[ RadSafe ] opg

Conway Lowe Family conlowe at bell.net
Fri Jan 22 13:19:30 CST 2016

Hi,

I should have clearer in my message relative to installed capacity and actual power output

Only 13,500 MWe is nuclear, but nuclear has produced around 60% of the power in each of 2013, 2014 and 2015.   Unlike nuclear, wind and solar usually only provide a fraction of their potential installed capacity.  Even when coal-fired plants were operating, nuclear provided over 50% of Ontario's power.  See the percentages in the tables  at the site http://www.ieso.ca/Pages/Power-Data/Supply.aspx   given in my message.

Cheers,
Leo