[ RadSafe ] opg

Joseph Preisig jrpnj01 at gmail.com
Fri Jan 22 13:43:26 CST 2016

Radsafe,
       Clearly nuclear power makes sense for Canada --- 6 months nice
weather and 6 months winter, or so.  The effect of
severe freeze/thaw on solar panels is probably not real helpful for their
durability, longevity etc.  I'm not one to push solar energy
all that much, but I can easily think of ways to keep solar energy running
over times in Canada when it is not snowing.  Is that 85 % of the year or
something else???  85 % is just a guess on my part.
      Since Canada is committed to nuclear power, I expect it will be
around there for quite some time.  We seem to be able to extend the
lifespan of well-working nuclear plants for quite some time.
     Joe Preisig