[ RadSafe ] Diablo Canyon

Joel C. cehn at aol.com
Thu Jun 23 17:11:41 CDT 2016

The planned closure of Diablo Canyon is about reducing risk.  Not risk to the community, risk to PG&E.  It's safer for them to buy electricity from Arizona or Nevada or wherever, add their costs, then sell it to us.  We won't know the price until we see it on our bills.  That power will most likely be produced by burning coal or natural gas.  And don't underestimate the hit our area will take due to the plant's closure.  It's a good deal for PG&E, not so good for us.

--- Joel I. Cehn
PG&E customer
Diablo Canyon neighbor