[ RadSafe ] Diablo Canyon

Fri Jun 24 12:30:06 CDT 2016

I suspect PG&E has entered that phase of a commercial entities life where management realizes that they can continue drawing their paychecks and have much more free time if their organization stops actually making or doing anything, and becomes a middle-man, preferably without actually having to even do the usual middle-man things.

-----Original Message-----
From: radsafe-bounces at health.phys.iit.edu [mailto:radsafe-bounces at health.phys.iit.edu] On Behalf Of Joel C.
Sent: Thursday, June 23, 2016 3:12 PM
To: radsafe at health.phys.iit.edu
Subject: [ RadSafe ] Diablo Canyon

The planned closure of Diablo Canyon is about reducing risk.  Not risk to the community, risk to PG&E.  It's safer for them to buy electricity from Arizona or Nevada or wherever, add their costs, then sell it to us.  We won't know the price until we see it on our bills.  That power will most likely be produced by burning coal or natural gas.  And don't underestimate the hit our area will take due to the plant's closure.  It's a good deal for PG&E, not so good for us.

--- Joel I. Cehn
PG&E customer
Diablo Canyon neighbor