[ RadSafe ] More Physics

Franz Schönhofer franz.schoenhofer at chello.at
Sat Mar 19 20:03:10 CDT 2016

Dear Mr or Ms Radiation physics!

The radsafe rule that list participants should identify themselves is
becoming more and more a recommendation which need not be obeyed to....
Similarily like some citizens believe that speed limits are mere
recommendations and are very angry if they receive a ticket for
speeding......

Back to radiation protection, following your advice to Joe. In the beginning
I thought that he was joking about various books on aliens and similar
science fiction of which ou r cinemas are full. I love btw the movie "Mars
attacks" in which the marsians use space ships of exactly the same shape as
Joe refers to in his references. So it seemed to me somewhat refreshing that
some humor was entering into radsafe. I was obviously wrong.

While writing about critizising: I have the feeling, that a very large part
of Radsafe traffic can at least be attributed to the category of off topic.
At least 40 to 50 % is dedicated to forward nonsense from anti-nuclear
"activists". Is there really anybody really interested in what clearly
mentally sick, paranoid pseudoscientists write in their "Journals of
paranoid antinuclear pseudoscientists"? What is posted is hairraising, but I
assure you that I could send you very similar paranoid newspaper articles
from Austrian "quality newspapers", intererstingly Swedish and Finnish
papers are not hateful at all against anything nuclear. Most "critical"
contributions about the health risks of nuclear power, Fukushima and
Chernobyl are written by economists, philosophers, biologists, medical
doctors (starting with the damage from Hiroshima and Nagasaki!) and any
other celebrity in whatever field they work. To be honest I do not remember
of heaving read comments by soccer or tennis players, not even our top
skiers.

Another criticism is related to the general attitude of most US
contributors. I have pointed out serveral times that I think that

So much before being flamed too much by

-r----Ursprüngliche Nachricht-----