[ RadSafe ] IBIS Sr-90 source construction

Ted de Castro tdc at xrayted.com
Tue May 24 22:39:41 CDT 2016

Well I guess it actually IS true that these days ALL knowledge can be
gotten from Google!

To that end - just to see if - I used the Google search term "IBIS
helicopter blade pressure indicators".  While NOT finding EXACTLY the
information you are seeking I did see confirmation that the system uses
Sr-90 sources, and reference to a few procedures for dealing with that,
how much SR-90 they use and that it IS in a readily dispersible form
(from a 1999 accident article) - and that's from just a cursory view of
the first 4 or 5 links.

I wouldn't bet that deeper inspection would not find what you are
seeking or at least a path to that information.

Ted de Castro