[ RadSafe ] question about the HPS presentation titled "Physician into rad environment"

Franz Schönhofer franz.schoenhofer at chello.at
Thu May 26 09:15:52 CDT 2016

Celi et al.,

Without doubt your interpretation is correct, unless probably you come
across a very athletic female weight lifter or another woman athlet with
more muscle than fat or a female bodybuilder with only muscles....... What
an interesting
topic for a research project.

Interesting work has been done by a friend of mine, who relatively shortly
after the Chernobyl accident investigated the amount of Cs-137 in
bodchurchies of "normal" people versus athlets and found that the latter had
much higher concentrations in their body - I hope everybody on Radsafe knows
about the similarity in biological behaviour of Cs(-137) and K(-40). You are
free to explain this to our antinuclear experts. I am not sure that they
will understand  this simple relation. Another former collegue The radiation
risk therefore is significantly less for couch potatoes.....

I have no link, but his name was Heinz Oberhummer, he died last year. He was
mostly engaged in nuclear physics, but also in the movement against
privilegies of the church(es) in Austria. Together with another scientist he
started quite a few years ago a TV program under the title "Who knows
nothing has to believe everything." What a wonderful sentence, well
applicable to all the discussions whether with our green friends or
political agitation.

Best regards,

Franz

-----Ursprüngliche Nachricht----- From: Celia Rajkovich