[ RadSafe ] "war stories" re: SEM radiation issues?

Ted de Castro tdc at xrayted.com
Fri Oct 28 13:07:10 CDT 2016

Does anyone have or is able to point to ANY radiation incidents
involving SEMs??

Considering the SEMs I've had experience with - I can't imagine such.  I
mean low kV and low beam current less than that of the largest old CRT
Black and White TV set!!  Also in the units I've seen the sample area
was in vacuum contiguous with the x-ray source - thus when access is
possible there is no vacuum and no vacuum - no x-ray - the best
interlock possible.

So - has anyone experienced anything different??  There MUST be SOME
reason that they require a State License.

Thanks

Ted de Castro