[ RadSafe ] Adopting the International System of Units for Radiation Measurements in

Ted de Castro tdc at xrayted.com
Wed Sep 14 14:36:19 CDT 2016

I would weigh in on the side of WHY? - the old units worked well enough
- still do.  Why change just to change? - or just because some other
country wants to change things or a new set of names to honor?

Certainly in the US there is an NIH issue with changing - but hey - I've
been converting units most of my life - its just arithmetic and most of
us do that accurately.

Not just in business - but even in hobbies I'm always switching units
with facility ....

I mean 30 cal - 7.62 mm --- OOPS sorry --- 0.00000762 km - now THAT
certainly was convenient!  (I wonder is NATO is using that on their
packaging now??)