[ RadSafe ] Adopting the International System of Units for Radiation Measurements in the United States

Jay Cafasso jay.cafasso at gmail.com
Thu Sep 15 16:30:52 CDT 2016

John et al,

Allow me add my devalued two cents. You nuke-eaters need to focus and
maintain professional protocols. None of you should worry about public
perceptions. Basically it does not matter whether if 1 Curie or 3.7 e10
Bq's sound more or less threatening to the general public.

If we have a radiology or nuclear event and it will not matter minor or
major. Once the press locks onto the dreaded "R" word, pigs will fly F-35s.
The best that one can hope for is that some of you nuke-eaters can become
TeeVvvv viewer friendly and do the Common Core math thingy and break it
down simply for the masses.

One of the big issues in my opinion that adds to the public's
misperceptions is the loss of worldly medical physician in the areas of
radiation health effects. Yes many trained, few, very few worldly. This to
includes the National Labs. Both a blessing and a curse.

Unfortunately, the public does not trust so the job of PIO is one I would
not envy at all. But none of this should matter when it comes standardizing.

On another note, I would love to see how this drill works out. Wonder how
the Drills PIO is making out?

http://www.emergencymgmt.com/training/County-prepares-for-nuclear-emergency.html?utm_term=County%20Prepares%20for%20Nuclear%20Emergency&utm_campaign=Preparing%20for%20a%20Nuclear%20Emergency&utm_content=email&utm_source=Act-On+Software&utm_medium=email

Jay

Jay Cafasso
12559 N400E
Wheatfield, IN 46392 USA
Cell: 219.816.0722
Fax: 651-691-2608
Home GPS - Lat 41.19509, Long -86.96737
SN# - 36508
CWOP - EW5446

www.facebook.com/jay.cafasso.7
Robin Storm SIT - A WRN Ambassador

David Prevatt's Wind Hazards
windhazard.davidoprevatt.com/blog

National Wind Institute
http://www.depts.ttu.edu/nwi/index.php

"The last temptation is the greatest treason: To do the right deed for the
wrong reason."   Murder in the Cathedral - St. Thomas Becket.

Skywarn® and the Skywarn® logo are registered trademarks of the National
Weather Service "used with permission".