[ RadSafe ] Its been a long run so far....

Perrero, Daren Daren.Perrero at illinois.gov
Tue Sep 27 13:47:34 CDT 2016

Hector Mandel was the RSO at the Univ of Illinois at Urbana Champaign when he came up with the idea in late 1990 early 1991.  I was a health physicist on his staff at the time.  I can remember it because my son was also born that spring.  (Radsafe BBS) and he encouraged me to post/respond on topics of all types from the mundane to the highly technical with the hopes that it would become a resource for free exchange.

Daren Perrero, Supervisor Inspection and Enforcement
Bureau of Radiation Safety
IL Emergency Management Agency

1035 Outer Park Drive
Springfield, IL 62704
(217) 785-9929 phone
daren.perrero at illinois.gov

Please visit the nuclear safety section of the Agency's website at www.illinois.gov/iema for the latest information concerning the Agency's radiation safety programs.  The Agency supports the US NRC in its emphasis of the critical importance of an active and positive safety culture.  Please visit our website for this and other important information such as new and proposed requirements, guidance, events and other items of interest.