[ RadSafe ] Radiation Protection Tech Position at AREVA in Richland, WA
ROYCE Christopher (AREVA)
christopher.royce at areva.com
Fri Apr 7 13:36:58 CDT 2017
Health & Safety Tech III-HEA00443
Please note effective 1/1/17, this position is posted internally only for AREVA Inc. (AREVA NP) and only employees of that company are eligible to apply.
The AREVA Fuel Business Group:
The Fuel Business Group combines activities associated with the conversion and enrichment of uranium and with the design and fuel production for nuclear reactors. The production capacities of the Group, one of the world's leaders in the sector, are undergoing modernization.
AREVA is seeking a Healthy & Safety Tech III for our Richland, WA location.
Health and Safety Technicians (HST) reside in the Environmental, Health, Safety, and Licensing (EHS&L) organization. EHS&L in part has the responsibility to establish programs for the protection of employees, the public, and the environment from the effects of ionizing radiation through the performance of license and procedurally required tasks. The task requirements define the methods for surveillance, sampling, and analysis of the workplace/environment and which are gernally performed by the HSTs.
Responsibilities and duties include:
* Provide radiological control functions including radiological/IH sample collection and analysis, contamination, radiation, and IH exposure control, chemical and radiological area posting/identification and area radiological monitoring for control purposes.
* Provide control and assistance on radiological release of materials, emergency response, including Plant Emergency Response Team qualification, surface survey for radiological characterization, tracking radiological exposure for access control, and shipping.
* Maintain the respiratory protection program.
* Maintain specified aspects of the dosimetry program, perform personnel decontamination, first-aid and medical support, and radiological instrument program.
* Participate in specified pre-job briefings.
* Duties may include work with routine and/or special detection equipment.
**First consideration will be given to impacted employees who meet the minimum qualifications for this role**
All candidates must meet the following minimum requirements in order to be considered for this opportunity. Candidates who exceed minimum qualifications may be considered for a higher level position.
* High School diploma with 5+ years of related experience in the field or Associates Degree in Biological or Health Physics with 4 years of health physics experience.
* Familiar with commonly used concepts, practices, and procedures in the nuclear industry.
* Minimum of 3 1/2 years of radiation safety experience in the field
* Completion of a fundamental Health Physics courses.
The following requirements are desired and will be used to differentiate all candidates who apply for this position.
* 5+ years of experience in the radiation safety field.
AREVA is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.
HEALTH, SAFETY, ENVIRONMENT
NORTH AMERICA-United States-Washington-Richland
Amy C St. John
Number of Openings
Recruiter Phone Number 434-832-2970
Christopher L Royce, CSP, RRPT, MS
No trees were harmed during the construction of this e-mail. However a large number of electrons were indiscriminately excited.
More information about the RadSafe