[ RadSafe ] on-site versus vendor provided dosimetry

Tracy, James W. (Fed) james.tracy at nist.gov
Thu Aug 17 08:22:51 CDT 2017

Hello,

Does anyone have any cost comparisons for processing dosimetry on-site versus obtaining vendor provided services?  I'm trying to see what the typical threshold is (e.g < 5,000 dosimeters per year) for when companies switch to vendor provided dosimetry.  I realize there are other factors involved in the decision but I'm just trying to get a general idea.

Do most nuclear utilities obtain vendor provided services?  I viewed the list of accredited NVLAP processors from the NVLAP website and there were only 4 utilities listed (I thought there would be more).

James Tracy
NIST
100 Bureau Drive
Building 235 Room A109