[ RadSafe ] Article Claims Millions at Risk due to Spent Fuel Pools

ROY HERREN royherren2005 at yahoo.com
Mon Jun 5 15:20:44 CDT 2017

Roger,
  After Fukajima is certainly seems as though when considering risk analysis that one must imagine the unimaginable.  You know that saying, "but what are the odds".  We need to figure all of the odds and weigh those odds against our tolerance for each type of disaster.  We also need to reexamine our reliance on the standard of a one in a million odds of acceptability.  It's possible that some events are so damaging that even that standard is unacceptable.

  The odds of an entire pool going dry so that there is no cooling effect what so ever seems very remote,  however I would have also said the same about an up lifting of the sea floor by multiple meters.  If there is a take away here it's that the unimaginable event isn't necessarily an impossible event.  Food for thought!

Roy Herren