[ RadSafe ] [Non-DoD Source] Book on early radiation-related discoveries (UNCLASSIFIED)

Falo, Gerald A CIV USARMY MEDCOM APHC (US) gerald.a.falo.civ at mail.mil
Wed Mar 8 16:02:08 CST 2017

Classification: UNCLASSIFIED
Caveats: NONE

Brian,

Try Radioactivity and health: A history:
https://www.osti.gov/scitech/biblio/6608787.  It's not concise, but it's
comprehensive.

Other sources are list below.

 "Taming the Rays- a history of radiation and protection" by Geoff Meggit;
here's a review:
http://iopscience.iop.org/article/10.1088/0952-4746/29/4/B01/pdf.

"Strange Glow: The Story of Radiation" by Timothy J. Jorgensen;
http://press.princeton.edu/titles/10691.html and
http://www.timothyjorgensen.com/. Here's a link to NIST Colloquium Series:
Strange Glow, The Story of Radiation -
https://www.nist.gov/video/nist-colloquium-series-strange-glow-story-radiati
on. Here's a Physics Today Review:
http://physicstoday.scitation.org/doi/full/10.1063/PT.3.3431.

"Health Physics: A Backward Glance" edited by Ron Kathren and Paul Ziemer;
hard to find and kind of expensive:
https://www.amazon.com/Health-Physics-Backward-Ronald-Kathren/dp/0080215319.

Jerry

Gerald A. Falo, Ph.D., CHP
U.S. Army Public Health Center - Health Physics Division
gerald.a.falo.civ at mail.mil
gerald.a.falo.civ at mail.smil.mil
410-436-4852
DSN: 584-4852