[ RadSafe ] Accelerator safety system suggestions

Carl Willis carl.willis at gmail.com
Fri Mar 17 21:08:22 CDT 2017

Hello RADSAFErs,

I'm working on a fast-moving project involving a 14-MeV proton linac
facility for which we will be building a radiation safety system per
ANSI/HPS N43.1.  No plan exists yet for the configuration of the system,
but it will involve some active radiation monitors, for photons and
neutrons within the shielded area and for photons outside, all interfaced
with a LabVIEW control unit.

I would love some suggestions for specific detector and control system
hardware that others have used and can recommend.  Please let me know if
you have favorite vendors or other suggestions!

Thanks,
Carl Willis